Saree, the most graceful traditional Indian attire adds charm to the beauty of women. The big fat Indian weddings are unimaginable without the gorgeous and stunning wedding sarees. If you are planning to buy an Indian wedding saree online, go through our top seven types of spectacular Indian wedding sarees to figure out your preferred choice. Wear it with all the necessary accessories to be the center of attraction at all wedding functions.
Scroll down to find out the top ten Indian wedding sarees
- Banarasi silk saree – Originating from Benaras or Varanasi, Banarasi silk sarees are regarded as one the most preferred wedding sarees in India. These sarees are made of fine silk woven delicately. These marvelous drapes of 9 yards are adorned with heavy embellishments and decorated with elaborate designs. The designs are usually inspired by the Mughal era. The patterns include floral and foliate motifs or designs like bel, kalga, jhallar near the border. Depending on the elaborateness of the designs a weaver may take up to six months to complete one banarasi saree.
- Kanjeevaram silk saree – When it comes to Tamil weddings Kanjeevaram silk sarees in vibrant tones with temple design at the borders are an excellent choice. If you want you can also weave in the names of the bride and groom in the mundhani part of this beautiful saree. The most unique thing about this saree is that the border and the body of the saree are created separately and then sewed together.
- Baluchari silk sarees – Popular in West Bengal, Baluchari silk sarees are renowned for the mythological depictions particularly on the border of the saree. These elegant silk sarees with a touch of aristocracy are remarkable as wedding attire.
- Chanderi silk saree – Famous for its zari borders in silver or gold, rich and plentiful embroidery, and superior quality silk, Chanderi silk sarees are definitely another option when it comes to Indian weddings. Originating in Madhyapradesh, these beautiful, traditional, light-weight sarees exhibit traditional coins, geometric patterns, floral designs, or peacocks as motifs.
- Paithani silk saree – Popular among Marathi brides, these royal Maharashtrian silk sarees in rich colors and embroideries are absolutely awesome. Usually, designs such as peacock, parrot, vines, almonds, and flowers like lotus, etc. are used to decorate such sarees.
- Muga silk saree – The Assam silk or muga silk sarees with a yellowish golden hue are extremely durable. The best part of muga silk is that the radiance enhances after every wash. These expensive royal sarees are a prized possession and popular among Assamese brides.
- Zardozi saree – Zardozi is a kind of heavy and intricate metal embroidery on fabrics like silk, satin, or velvet. Elaborate patterns are made using gold or silver threads. Precious stones, pearls, or different beads are also used in decorating a zardozi saree, one of the finest wedding sarees in India.
In addition to all the above-mentioned Indian wedding sarees, you can find a lot more at Hatkay.com which houses a wide range of stunning wedding sarees.