The internet offers the benefit of shopping in the comfort of your own home. You can look at different stores within minutes and don’t need to worry about the crowds. However, there is the downside of scams or losing your money dues to poor security. Before you buy any sterling silver Jewelry online, you will need to take some steps to protect yourself.
1. Check that the Website Is Secure: If you’ve already found where you want to buy from, you need to make sure that the website is secure. Check in the bottom right hand corner for the locked padlock and in the domain name (the address bar) for https at the start instead of http. This is a sign that a security certificate is in place so that your credit card information is encrypted during the process. If you do not see these, you are more at risk of your details being stolen by a hacker.
2. Research the Websites for Authenticity: If you see a great deal, whether you receive an email or see an advert on the internet, you want to make sure the website is genuine and the product is authentic. This is much harder online since anyone can use photos gathered from other places – and websites do. It is also very easy for someone to make a website look like another big brand and set up phishing scams. Always check the full link before clicking on it – does the name go to where you expect it to? – And then check the address bar to make sure it is authentic.
3. Compare the Products in Other Stores: Use the internet to your advantage. It allows you to search places quickly and easily without having to leave your house. Take the time to do that to make sure that you find the best deal and price. You may have heard about a deal through your emails about sterling silver Jewelry but that doesn’t mean it is the best deal available at that time. You’ll also need to consider the deal when the shipping costs are added in and consider where you are buying from.
4. Don’t be Afraid to Ask Questions: If you were in a Jewelry store, you’d likely ask a lot of questions about the pieces that you’re interested in. You’ll want to know how much silver is in them and the type of gems included. You’ll want to make sure that they are worth the price tag. Do the same when shopping online. It’s easy to forget this stage since you’re not sure how to contact them – there’s no-one standing in front of you. Find a contact address and send your questions before you buy.
5. Don’t Let the Deals Pressure You Into a Sale: It’s really easy to feel pressured into making a purchase due to a deal. The company may say “this weekend only” or that it ends within 24 hours. This is a way to get more people to buy and is a ploy. The truth is the majority of the companies will have different sales on throughout the year so spend some time comparing products and only buy if you’re completely happy with the purchase. Treat it like you would a normal Jewelry store!
Take your time to shop online for sterling silver Jewelry. It is tempting to buy in the first sale that you find but use the convenience of the internet to your advantage. Do your research and compare prices from other stores online and only pay for the best value.
This guest post was written by Kelly, a savvy internet shopper. She loves websites like www.jewelrykind.com for their great products and interesting designs, along with their affordable prices.