With the cold season almost coming to a close and the warm season nearing, it’s time to go over our closets once again. A change in season almost always means a change in wardrobe. This also means looking forward to what’s new in the fashion world. There’s no denying that keeping up-to-date with the latest styles means revamping our closets. Here’s what you need to look out for the next time you check out womens fashion online.
image credit: http://www.gingerandsmart.com
- Ponchos- Seen throughout the runways this year, this is an excellent piece that can be used as we transition from one season to another. It can be layered with a sweater during the colder times and can be worn as a top when the heat starts to kick in. Amazingly versatile, ponchos look warm and cozy during chilly weather. On the other hand, pair them with shorts during the summer and you have a laid-back boho feel that is perfect for the beach.
- Cropped Tops- Having been around for a few seasons and are still here to stay. This shouldn’t come as a surprise since warm weather makes for the perfect time to bare some skin. If you already have them in your closet, don’t think of getting rid of these anytime soon. We’ve seen them paired with everything from high-waisted jeans to feminine skirts and trousers. This makes it another flexible piece of clothing that you can easily dress up or dress down according to the occasion.
- Romantic Dresses- Whether it was in Paris, New York, Milan or London Spring 2015’s runways were filled with light and flowy romantic dresses. Another item that gave a very bohemian feel, most of the pieces seen were floral or had a touch of lace in t The strong feminine feel stood out perfectly on its own without any need for accessories. Party dresses are sure to be seen on the streets once again after hitting the runways this year. Wear them with flat sandals or flip flops for a day out, or with a pair of strappy heels for a romantic dinner date.
- Fringe- This trend that is inspired from the seventies is fun, frilly and finding its way into the fashion scene once again. Much like other trending pieces on the runway, this is another Bohemian chic look. Fringes are fun and edgy at the same time, and we’ve seen them on all types of materials, including leather. Whether you want something that stands out like a fringed dress or something more low key like fringes on the edge of a jacket, this trend will add some fun to your outfits.
- Turtlenecks- Making a comeback from the 90’s this style trend is an excellent way to end the cold season. High neck knits were quite popular in the runway this year and we’re pretty sure it will be on the streets as well. These comfy knits pair well with almost anything and are a good staple to have in the closet. For something different try a sleeveless turtleneck as we transition through the seasons.
Seeing a lot of inspiration from the past, these upcoming trends should not be difficult to keep up with. Check out your closet, you may never know what you already have. You can also decide to invest in newer trendier pieces that won’t break your bank account. Whichever you choose, be sure to keep these five pieces in mind so that you stay in the fashion loop this year.